Thursday, January 23, 2014

27. Day 16: Early bird

After yesterday's morning fiasco, I wanted to redeem myself, so I woke up with my hubby at 6:20 am, yep! Quite early because I wanted to shoot the Church before sunrise. According to the weather forecast the time for sunrise here is 7:20 am, but I wanted to be at the place before that.
I drove to the location (is quite close to home, about 25 minutes walk) but at that time in the morning and with a temperature of 6ÂșC I didn't feel like walking.

When I arrived, it was already clear but the sun wasn't up yet, so I set up my tripod, the camera, connected the shutter release control and voila! Everything was ready to start my shooting.

I am happy to had woken up early otherwise I couldn't have got this shot! The stained glass windows of this Church is lighten during the night and it looks so beautiful against the dark church.


Nikon D90 (18-200mm f/3.5-5.6) - 120mm  2s  f/13

By the way, I couldn't have the silhouette of the church with sun behind it (forming like a halo) because the sun actually goes up just on the lower far corner of the church.  It's never lighten from the back :(

No comments:

Post a Comment